[rollei_list] Re: I'm looking for a Rolleiwide. Is it a sensible pursuit?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:20:49 -0300

2012/9/24 Vick Ko <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm looking for a Rolleiwide.  Is it a sensible pursuit?
>
> Should I rather focus on a 4.0FW instead?
>
> Is there a comparison between the 4.0FW lens and the older Distagon lens?

From the old Rollei Fototechnic FAQ about the Rolleiflex FW and
Rolleiwide lenses:

" Why does Rollei use the Schneider SuperAngulon instead of the Zeiss Distagon?

The new Schneider-Kreuznach SuperAngulon HFT with a maximum aperture
of 1:4 and 50 mm HFT focal length has been newly calculated according
to customer needs with a bigger wide angle but the same lens speed
compared to the Zeiss Distagon (55 mm focal length). Furthermore, the
optics is more powerful and the illustration performance is better
than the one of the traditional Distagon. We offered already in former
years a hugh amount of TLR Schneider lenses."