[rollei_list] Re: I'm looking for a Rolleiwide. Is it a sensible pursuit?

  • From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:20:14 -0400

Ah Jerry, thank you. That's what I need to hear to cure myself of this irrational drive to hunt for a Rolleiwide.

Vick

On 9/25/2012 6:05 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
Vick,

I have used the Zeiss 50mm Distagon on my Hasselblad for many years. It blows away the Rolleiwide, PLUS it
is mostly used with the 16 exposure 645 back.

I would say that the Rollei SL 66 and a CZ 50mm Distagon would be equivalent if a 16 exposure 645 back were available for it.

BTW, there is no such thing as a wide angle lens that is  "too sharp"!

Jerry Lehrer