[rollei_list] Re: Hearing Aid Batteries in Nikon F

  • From: stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 23:07:31 +0000

I notice about a 1/3 stop difference between a discharged silver cell and a
'full' one in my converted Nikkormat. Solution: replace the silver cell before
using the camera for critical work.

While folks in the late 90s got into differences of 1/6 of a stop with their
digital wonder meters, the old Modern and Pop Photo magazines in the Oakland
Public library used +- 1/2 stop from a reference light source as their
standard. A bit of tolerance certainly makes life a bit easier...

...and which of you keep a shutter speed tester, measure your actual shutter
speeds and keep them on a card in your camera case for reference? (I believe
Bill Pierce used to do that with his Leicas). As I recall, the tolerance for
mechanical shutters was 1/3 of a stop, 1/2 stop for the highest two speeds.