[rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info

  • From: "A. Lal" <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:14:44 -0500

Richard,

LR xovers work just fine. Many companies, KEF, Harmon, B&W, to give a
few examples, use these now in their commercial products. In  his
designs linkwitz uses all pass filters to introduce delay when needed.
See his first design, the Phoenix, for full details on the xover. He
gives the full xover circuit diagram.

The shape of the frame - it is not a cabinet in the traditional sense -
is intended to optimize the on and off axis frequency response to get as
uniform a power response as possible, while not generating cavity
resonances.

You are quite wrong in stating that dipoles are based on Linkwitz's
misunderstanding of how speakers radiate. Have a look at the room
acoustics section on his site.

Just curious, where is the audiophile hype? On the review page?

Regards,
Akhil