[rodgersorganusers] Introduction

  • From: Dbiguy@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:23:41 EST

My understanding is that new members should post a brief self-introduction,
so here goes.
I have been involved with electronic organs (and a student of organ tonal
design in general) since the mid-1960s.  I am not associated with any
manufacturer or dealer, but purely an amateur organist and builder.  My early
association
was with the Santa Clara Organ Builders club in northern California.  For
those of you familiar with Devtronix organ parts and kits, their founder, Ray
Devault was a member of that group.

After a long hiatus, I have renewed my active building activities and am
currently constructing a classical organ in a old, but beautiful, pipe organ
console - three wooden, ivory topped keyboards and solid Walnut construction.
The
principal (no pun intended) sound generation is through four
extensively-reprogrammed Ahlborn-Galanti modules.

My main interest in Rodgers products is their accessory modules, mainly the
new MX-200 module and the to-be-announced companion sequencer.  It turns out
that the stops listed on the MX-200 happen to be a very good complement to
those
available on the A-G modules (such as Pedal mutations that A-G does not
include even in their factory organs.

I am looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with the group.

Dave Large

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press