[rodgersorgan] Introduction

  • From: "Brodine" <brodine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:30:46 -0600

Hello,
  My name is Robert Brodine and I live in Cedar Hills, Utah.  Cedar Hills is
east of American Fork, up next to the Wasatch Mountains, about 10 miles north
of Provo.

  I have been the organist in our LDS Church off an on for the past several
years.  We recently moved to a new building that has a Rodgers 790C, two manual
organ.  Our old building had an Allen MDS-5, two manual organ.  I had put
together over 100 MIDI preludes and postludes for the Allen using Cakewalk
three or four years ago.  I would copy the MIDI to diskette and use an Allen
Smart Recorder to play the pieces on the organ.  Now that I am faced with the
790C, I have converted some of the MIDI to play the Rodgers (just changing the
channel numbers to agree with what the 790C wanted) and it works great (I'm
still using the Allen Smart Recorder).  What I really need to know is what MIDI
sequences the 790C is looking for to turn the stops on or off and also to set
the Crescendo Pedal value.  Until I can get that information, I have to set the
stops by hand.

Thanks for any help.
Robert

!