[roc-chat] Re: Anyone With The Kenwood TH-D72 GPS Radio?

  • From: Rick Maschek <rickmaschek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC-Chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:56:25 -0800

Cliff, I built one using 1" pvc and the elements slide inside the pipe for
transport...and a pvc cap on the end keeps it all neatly inside (cost less than
$7.00)
  http://www.nr6ca.org/70cmyagi.html

 Rick ps works greatDate: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:35:54 -0800
From: cls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Anyone With The Kenwood TH-D72 GPS Radio?

    On 2011-12-19 08:44, Richard wrote:

      Mike

          If you are still interested in Yagi antennas here are some
      links:

      Do IT Yourself:    http://www.nr6ca.org/70cmyagi.html

    this one says author unknown but it looks exactly like these

    http://www.wa5vjb.com/yagi-pdf/cheapyagi.pdf

    I've built several and they work well, they are indeed easy, cheap,
    and functional

    Arrow Antenna's:
      http://www.arrowantennas.com/sub/arrowiiyagi.html I have the
      (http://www.arrowantennas.com/arrowii/146-437.html) for working
      satellites and remove the 2m elements when tracking. This is a 7
      element antenna and is around 2' long, one of the 3 or 5 elements
      Yagi would work for most tracking needs. The extra gain helps pull
      in the signal and what if the GPS loses lock you can still track
      the transmitter.

      Richard

      -----Original
        Message-----