[roc-chat] Re: Anyone With The Kenwood TH-D72 GPS Radio?

  • From: Gene Engelgau <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:55:15 -0800

Hi all, as I have an opinion (having tracked BRB GPS for quite some time) I
wanted to add my $.02...  I like to use the D72 only, and that usually
get's me to visual range.  If not the bearing still works even up close so
just follow it in.  If I do need to know more I use a yagi anyway to run
down the rocket and I just fox-hunt it the last little bit if needed.  I
have not needed to enter cords in my Garmin as I'm always close enough.

But as always there are many ways to do this any way that works for you is
a good way!

--
- Regards

Gene Engelgau