[roc-chat] Re: Anyone With The Kenwood TH-D72 GPS Radio?

  • From: Cliff Sojourner <cls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:35:54 -0800

On 2011-12-19 08:44, Richard wrote:
Mike

    If you are still interested in Yagi antennas here are some links:

Do IT Yourself:    http://www.nr6ca.org/70cmyagi.html

this one says author unknown but it looks exactly like these

http://www.wa5vjb.com/yagi-pdf/cheapyagi.pdf

I've built several and they work well, they are indeed easy, cheap, and functional

Arrow Antenna's: http://www.arrowantennas.com/sub/arrowiiyagi.html I have the (http://www.arrowantennas.com/arrowii/146-437.html) for working satellites and remove the 2m elements when tracking. This is a 7 element antenna and is around 2' long, one of the 3 or 5 elements Yagi would work for most tracking needs. The extra gain helps pull in the signal and what if the GPS loses lock you can still track the transmitter.

Richard

        *From:*roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        *From:* roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx