[real-eyes] Re: Question abour Anti-Virus Software

  • From: "Jim Ellsworth" <jellsworth1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:41:43 -0400

Hi Karen,

I use a free anti virus/anti spyware program called Avira.  I heard about it
in an article on ZDNet I think outlining 10 free applications to secure your
machine as well as utilities.  It is very good and easy to use providing a
lot of access keys to do tasks with.  You can customize when you want
updates to happen and how often you want it to scan etc.  You can configure
exclusions in case there are files or folders you don't want it to scan.  I
don't recall the web site but you can do a search for it.  Note that they do
have a paid professional version as well though I have never used it.

Thanks,
Jim Ellsworth