[ratpack] Re: Some good photos

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:52:43 -0600

Hey, Lar...if yer hangin with us, you gotta be from a distant planet.  :)

It sounds like the lady (relative?) just wanted to be told, "push this button." I don't think Cantonese will help. Klingon, on the other hand, just might. :)

RtR
(I live in a world of my own, but the people there know me, so it's ok.)

At 11:06 AM 8/24/2009, you wrote:
Not that it really matters, but it is kind of fun to keep the old comparison/competition going. I ran into a lady sat. night that had just bought a 40D and was asking me all kinds of questions. I kept saying things like, oh that's what VR is for, and use matrix metering for that, and that setting is found on the dial on the top left of the camera. Or course she looked at me like I was from a distant planet (am I?) but it was fun. She kept saying I have never heard of that setting. Later in the evening she came running up and said I fixed the back light problem, and I said did you switch to single point metering? She gave me that look and just walked away. I really need to learn to speak Canonese I guess. All this took place at a family reunion and anything like talking to a fellow photog, even if they are new, makes a family reunion more bearable!!!!
I am getting one of those chairs!!!!
Thanks for the tip
Lar