[ratpack] Re: Some good photos

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:33:18 +0000 (UTC)

'zokay, nobody's perfect!

People really should read their camera manual ...amazing what you can find
there.  Even if it is a bit hard to understand sometimes.

Now: question.

 While I was in Hawaii, I took some pixes of their indigenous Red Jungle Fowl
(just plain chickens, if you ask me!)   Using matrix metering, the chicken was
properly exposed, but  the  background, grass, which was about  a zone V or 18%
gray mid-tone was overexposed by about 2 stops.  Didn't happen when the rooster
was on an asphalt (state road workers spell that assfault) parking lot. Hmmm...

That has never happened to me before, and I wonder why?  Anybody have an
answer?  Would going to center weighted metering or spot help?  What do you
think?