[ratpack] Re: FW: Clubhouse membership at Miller Motorsports Park

  • From: "Larry Knight" <Larry.Knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:35:27 -0700

I'll  hurry up and agree with you so I don't get in trouble

Larr

Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:17:55 -0700
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Park

Based on several things...like last year's attendance, this year's
prices, slim major event schedule (NASCAR isn't there...probably because
the 2010 NCWW schedule hasn't been announced, but there's still no
mention of any vintage racing...and where's AHRMA?) and the moon being
in the second house, I don't think there will be much competition for
any of the seats in the sit-down area.  At at least one of the events
last year, they didn't even open it up.

At a time when they otta be GIVING away perks to draw crowds, they're
raising prices.  This looks to me like something that management of
failing companies do so they can justify gutting it and shutting it
down.  I sincerely hope this isn't the case.  Maybe the off-road thing
will draw crowds.  I dunno.  But I also dunno why they don't put an
arena-type supercross and off-road truck race track in the infield of
the east course.  It seems like there's plenty of room and it could be
viewed from the clubhouse and several grandstands.  If they could build
a temporary track in Rice Stadium (back when it was called that) they
could sure put one out in the middle of the east track.

I dunno. I'll just make the best of it for as long as I can.  At least
the salt flats ain't goin away...unless a certain piece of legislative
land grab H.R. 1925 to be exact is passed, which could possibly limit
access to a whole lotta the state of Utah....the salt flats aren't
specifically mentioned, but the area surrounding it is.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1925
http://www.suwa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ARRWAclickablemap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcRXVK4imA (a decidedly one-sided view,
but makes some valid points.)

Sorry for the political off-topic stuff, but it seems sorta valid in
this context.  Ignore at your discretion.

RtR

At 10:48 AM 11/20/2009, you wrote:

I prefer the French Dip and all he raspberry iced tea I could drink.
with tip around $12.00. Not bad.  But the ELITE Fee is EXPENSIVE.  Was
not bad in 06 & 07 when there was a lot of events and parties with the
drivers and the retired drivers, Andretti, Bondurant, Sally Swartz
(Jimmy Clark's girl friend and others).

Guess I am going to have to brow beat John Gardner for one of them wrist
bands and an orange vest for next year.

I did hear for next year that with the wrist band will only allow you
use of the stand up facility.  The sit down ones are only for
"fat-wallet" asses.   Please note I did not say Fat Asses.

John W Weibel

________________________________

Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:55:27 +0000
From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Park

Soooo, John, what does that break down to per hamburger and brewski,
seeing as how you have to pay for the food and drink?  I think I'll keep
bringing my lunch. C.

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:37:06 -0700
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Park

I think they just killed themselves:

Individual Club House Membership - $1,000
Each additional Individual Club House Membership - $750
Rider's Club Membership - $2,500
Driver's Club Membership - $5,000
Racer's Club Membership - $10,000
MPRA Champions Club Membership - $64,000
Business Club Membership - $7,500
Executive Club Membership - $30,000
Kart Racer's Club Membership - $950
Tax additional.
Renewing members receive a 10% discount on all memberships

I might have been able to afford the membership in 06 or 07, 08 and 09
were borderline and there's no way I could afford this...especially if
I'm gonna spend most of my day out in the elements using gear I could
buy with that grand.  Makes the Ace Cafe look pretty good and the cooler
in the back of the Burb look even better.  :)

RtR

At 06:09 PM 11/19/2009, you wrote:

Gentlemen:

Thought you might find this information useful.

Thank you.

John W Weibel

________________________________

From: ddegraaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: ddegraaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:25:15 -0700

Subject: Clubhouse membership at Miller Motorsports Park

Hello,

You were a clubhouse member in 2008.  As always we thank you for your
current and past support.  We have created a few new memberships for the
2010 season that may interest you for next year.  Many of the new ones
revolve around track time for both motorcycles and cars.  Please take a
moment to look at the attachment of memberships.  I will follow up with
you next week but feel free to call me in the meantime with any
questions. Thanks!!

The 2010 Season memberships are:

Individual

Additional

Riders Club

Drivers Club

Racers Club

MPRA Championships Club

Business Club

Executive Club

Kart Racers Club

The 2010 Major schedule*:

May 29-31, 2010 - Superbike World Championship

June 26-27, 2010 - Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series

July 10-11, 2010 - American Le Mans Series

Sept 11-12, 2010 - Grand-Am Rolex Series

And please keep in mind that we have garages you can rent, riding and
driving schools to attend and activities for your business/company to
participate in.

Thanks!!!!

Derrek DeGraaff

Group Sales Senior Account Executive

Miller Motorsports Park

435.277.8622 office

435.277.8008 fax

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information
that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
notified that you must not read this transmission and that any
disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete
the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving
in any manner. Thank you.