[racktables-users] Re: RackTables is looking for developers

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:02:40 +0400

[...]
> That being said, assuming there was one or more volunteers to do so,
> would there be any interest in moving the project over to github?
> Ignoring my bias towards git, getting code from new contributors seems
> much simpler and to involve less overhead over there.
[...]

Hello, list.

Kevin, we have voted internally and at least 3 of 4 votes were to stay with
SVN. This is the decision.

Shannon, if you don't currently have enough time to reply to email, you most
probably don't currently have the possibility to contribute.

Everyone, let me remind, that RackTables project still lacks some developers
workhours. You can help! If you look into Mantis, you will see these trivial
issues:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=492
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=493
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=499

For those interested in more advanced tasks, these can be resolved in a matter
of less, than a day each:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=420
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=421
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=425
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=442
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=457
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=473
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=487

True RackTables experts could enjoy closing these requests:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=400
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=460
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/racktables/view.php?id=496

Thank you for reading up to this point. Now there are some more project news.
RackTables was made open for PayPal donations in the end of June 2011. Since
that time something around $70 was received in total, and upon paying 2 year
DNS registration fee there's about $50 unspent. Just in case anyone is willing
to bid his bugfixing efforts for this amount of money, state your offer in any
convenient form and it will be answered promptly. Cheers!

--
    Denis Ovsienko