[racktables-users] Re: RackTables is looking for developers

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:46:46 +0400

[...]
> That being said, assuming there was one or more volunteers to do so,
> would there be any interest in moving the project over to github?

The question isn't about SF versus Github, but about leaving the main
repository as Subversion or converting it into git. In this case this must be a
thoroughly weighted decision with both price and gain clearly understood.

> Ignoring my bias towards git, getting code from new contributors seems
> much simpler and to involve less overhead over there.

I personally use both SVN and git on a regular basis and can tell, that
difference between these, as measured in the scope of RackTables, doesn't mean
as much for the project, as getting less or more contributions. Past, present
and future RackTables contributors (both main code and plugins), if you think
it's the time to switch (or you think it's not the time), this list is the
right place to share your opinion.

--
    Denis Ovsienko