[racattack] Re: printed lab handbooks for OOW

  • From: Bjoern Rost <b.rost@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:37:04 +0200

Thanks Osama,

> The First Picture Cover  has been Uploaded to Google Drive
> http://j.mp/16wCZIU
> Waiting you feedback i am working on the another one.

I love the layout but have a few remarks:

- vector grafics would be much better. The jpeg looks great on a screen but
less great when printed (but I am afraid we don't have all the elements as
vector gfx). Maybe you could output this as pdf which should at least help with
the text fonts
- I also have no idea how the subtle changes in grey will come out of the
printer. I just tried this on my office laser and it looks quite poor
- The books will use coil or comb binding so we will "loose" a bit of space on
the left side of the cover. Moving the OOW banner and the "Oracle Community"
elements a bit to the right could help
- I am not a huge fan of text art, shadows and such but that is personal taste

cheers
bjoern