[racattack] Re: printed lab handbooks for OOW

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:20:52 -0500

It seems the the second image osama generated is 2480 x 3508 pixels which
will come out to just under 300 dpi if printed at 8.5x11 (std american
size).  However it looks like the image was generated with A4 dimensions -
Osama can you create a version of the image at North American Letter size?
 You might even consider a 600 dpi version, the printer may have this
capability.  Bjoern you might want to give the printer a quick call (if you
haven't already) and check if they'll charge extra to print the cover in
color and the rest of the book in grayscale, or whether they'll charge you
extra if you don't merge it all into a single PDF.

Another important question might be to double-check with OTN that we are
authorized to use the official OpenWorld logo.  I suspect we're fine but
might be worth checking.  Also it might be worth briefly reviewing the logo
usage guidelines here:
http://www.oracle.com/openworld/exhibitor-services-center/oracle-openworld-logo-guidelines-1565263.pdf
http://www.oracle.com/openworld/exhibitor-partner-toolkit/index.html

Lastly, Osama can you (at some point) share whatever source files you used
to generate this cover?  This way others have the option to create future
versions for UKOUG, DOAG, or other places where RAC Attack events run?

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider