[pythonvis] Re: Workbench?

  • From: "Gabriele Battaglia" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "iz4apu@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:53:29 +0200

Reply to the Florian Beijers's message, wrote on 19/06/2015 at 12:19:

Hi Gabriele,

I believe the Python version doesn't matter much, as long as your
windows path variable knows about it and maybe you can een browse to
it, I can't remember off the top of my head. The next thing you would
need is visual studio community edition, and the final things are the
python tools for visual studio. These are all downloadable for free
and some googling should get you there :)
Hello Florian.I've installed both PTVS 2013 and Visual Studio 2013 comunity.
Then I open up a new project, select Python as a language and I find myself in an editor Windows with a print("Hello world") statement is sitting.

Now, is there some quick guide for blind, to use in order to learn how to move inside this quite complex environment?
For example, if I want to run that Hello world, do I have to choose Run from menu or there are keystroke. And what do I have to press in order to focus the output text or the error messages?
I've never used this.
Thanks.
Gabriel.
List web page is //www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis