[pythonvis] Re: Workbench?

  • From: "Jeffrey Thompson" <jthomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:43:47 -0400

Jim and other pythonistas,

There is a way to get a listing of (some of?) the methods
and properties of a class:

class wannabe()

def changehow(a_change):

# end change_how):()

# end class wannabe

wannabe.__dict__

will provide a list of methods and properties.

There is no selectable window from which you can launch or view any item
listed in the output..

I know this works in the interpreter i.e. cmd.exe python.exe gets you into
the interpreter.

From there you can import any given class , and type the expression:

import Any_given_class

any_given_class.__dict__

and you will get a listing of methods and properties.

of the class.

The output is in a strange format.

You might want to write a method or function which will read the output and
produce a window with a list of the output which are clickable,.

I believe that an html combo box in windows will work.

You could run a .bat file to do the work;

one .bat file to create the combo box,

and one combo box to fetch the item for your perusal or to copy and paste
the code into your python file which is a work in progress.

Someone on the list may have a different way to accomplish
this in an easier or better way.

Hope that helps,

Jet (Jeffrey Thompson)