[pythonvis] Re: Workbench?

  • From: Florian Beijers <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 00:03:17 +0200

I have worked with visual studio and the PTVS (Python tools for visual
studio) before and these actually work fairly well :) It has support
for pretty much anything you could want to do in Python and the
kitchen sink, and it reads pretty well with JAWS and NVDA. Go try it
with the 2013 community edition, that one is free and supports
add-ons.

Florian

Hi: I think it might be Tool Kit, as in Graphics Tool Kit. Its derived
from Tcl/Tk. Tcl is an old scripting language, and Tk was its
graphical widgets extension. Python TkInter borrowed this graphics
toolkit, if not the actual code itself then at least the widgets, API
and look and feel.