[pythonvis] Re: Workbench?

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 07:44:04 +0300

From what I've seen in some Perl applications made using Tk, the single accessible thing was the menu.
It was a long time ago, but if I remember well the text labels displayed can be also seen with JAWS cursor, so it might be possible to script a TK interface and make it a little better. But probably it won't be really friendly for the blind.

For the moment I think that the best free editor for NVDA users is notepad++ and the best commercial editors for JAWS users are TextPad and UltraEdit. The environments like Eclipse and VisualStudio are accessible and they usually offer plugins for more programming languages, so they can be used if someone prefers intellisense and don't bother that they are so heavy.

--Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "derek riemer" <driemer.riemer@xxxxxxxxx>
*From:* pythonvis-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pythonvis-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Richard
Dinger *Sent:* Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:05 PM *To:*
pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx *Subject:* [pythonvis] Re: Workbench?

you can take a look at wwindows key->all programs->python2x->idle

you know much more than I do about jaws scripting, but I heard that
the problem is that Idle uses TK widgets and they don’t work with
jaws

*From:*pythonvis-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:pythonvis-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:pythonvis-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Richard
Dinger *Sent:* Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:25 AM *To:*
pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> *Subject:*
[pythonvis] Re: Workbench?

There are several IDE’s for Python, but as I understand it, most
are not accessible. Like Les I have heard that Eclipse works with
screen readers, but I don’t use it.

Some of the other IDE may work with a little jaws scripting though.
JDog told me yesterday he might try scripting the IDE that comes
with Python.