[python] Re: The old qustion of PSI

  • From: Howard Stevens <hstevens94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:56:13 -0500

Hi George and thanks for your detailed advice.  Regarding the friction
damper idea, I understand what you have said, but when cruising along a
straight road, I would have thought that the static friction would not be a
problem and then when a turn is required, a quick flick of the cam lever
would eliminate the friction altogether. I thought it was worth a try,
but if unsuccessful then I would go to the hydraulic ones if I can find a
compact way to mount them.   My existing Tioga 20x1.75 slicks have been ok
on the tarmac, and the main reason for changing was the possibility of
improving the tracking of the front wheel.  I agree that it is probably a
long shot and so I'll lower my tyre pressure just to see if the extra rubber
contact noticeably affects the steering. So George, where do you live, and
what do you ride?  Thanks again for taking the time  Cheers Howard