[python] Re: The old qustion of PSI

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:38:32 +0200

Hi Howard,

the bars were close to the pivot which means small leverage. But I guess I am so used to legs-only steering, that everything else brings me out of balance.

Just an information for the others: Howard is the designer of this ingenious trike:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/python_uploads/3566820468/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/python_uploads/3443661093/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/python_uploads/3444477096/

On 26.06.2010 14:19, Howard Stevens wrote:
Hey it is great to get all this feed-back! Yes George, I have tried the cleats and cycle shoes and they work as you say, but are a bit annoying clomping around in, when you get off the trike. I know some are better than others in this regard. I certainly would use them in distance cycling. And Dirk, I got a glimpse of your bars in the video, how and where are they attached? And hi Juergen! It is interesting that your bars were so sensitive to touch, mine are not at all, perhaps the distance of attachment from the pivot can be relevant? Have you guys heard of the new Shimano Alfine 8 and 11 hub gears? I plan to get one, probably the Alfine 8. They should make a neat arrangement. Howard