[python] Re: The old qustion of PSI

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:25:57 +0200

Glad to hear it!

I can't find any good picture of the handlebars but you can see a
glimpse of them in this video right at the beginning:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NRXeL89TwA

These handlebars on my pythoon are 55cms wide. They are unnecesary wide,
but are a consequence of trying to ride with a pivot angle of 70 and 80
degrees (now I am back at 60degrees which seems to be an optimum).

On the baby python the handlebars were only 45cm wide. The handlebars
are specifically NOT for excerting high force - and thus are not for
turning. They just give the last measure of fine control that are not
possible by foot-steer only. They especially help at low speed, at high
speed, or in climbing situations. Practically all the pythoneers that
can obtain high speeds (60+kmh) have handlebars installed.

Dirk