[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Release 2.0.7

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:58:23 +0200

> The first thing it needs is lightmaps.  Once those work, Kamil and I
> will start working on the networking code so we can have multiple
> players at one time.  Then we will start constructing sample mission and
> adding AI opponents.

Really... so let us complete everything quickly... hmm... new networking
code? No engine will have better one.

We should start talking about it...

> So hurry with the lightmaps, kk :)

Already done, everythign works well... just create a light-source object in
your map (in the editor) and setup the values for ambient, diffuse color
components and attenuation factors and max-distance. Then save and export
and everything will work well. It works well for big maps, it works well for
small maps. Yeah... and don't forget to setup the resolution ofthe
lightmaps... edit the object props for the map, prop. named Llightmap
DENSITY. 10 is good. 14 is something for final maps. 2 is something for
debugging.

The preview mode works also well now... just the old way - generate preview
lightmaps. The lightmaps aren't saved, yet... and I don't know if it was
also good if they would be saved. They are just preview lightmaps... fast to
generate, per triangle - like in the old engine.
These also have some settings. preview density: 2 is default. 4 is for later
development and looks better. Minsize 4 is good and enough for any case.
MaxSize 32 is a default and fast. 64 is better detail. Sizes aren't
important for final lightmaps generation as they are packed into lightmap
trees and the size is determined automatically by the size of the triangle
list (strip, fan, list).

I think I will send you an example map. PLease upload it to the web site for
the map designers (to let them know how to create the light sources).

-kk