[pythian] PROJECT - Distributing in-Progress Level

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:50:03 -0400

I've got a small conundrum and want to discuss it with you guys to see if
anyone has any ideas.  Basically, I want to start distributing the new
Engine, Editor and levels from the web site, but I don't want casual
visitors downloading these yet (because they are debug builds, and the map
isn't finished).  I also don't want to post the entire binary package as a
zip because it's too big, and I don't want to post a "patch" as I did the
other day.

What should I do?  Should I create a new "branch" to the Auto-Update client,
so you can click the "Debug" checkbox and download the new binaries? (This
means anyone can get them.)  Should I create a new Auto-Update area for
members only (change the URL in the Auto-Update client and download
different files).

Any suggestions?

Darryl