[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Distributing in-Progress Level

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:11:38 -0400

> If all going in my direction i will have a FTP server to
> pythian in 1,5 weeks.

That would be excellent.  I've wanted such a thing for a long time.  The
only problem is managing the passwords.

> For now cant n30n create a download section in the members area on the
> web page??

There is such a thing already.  However, this would only be useful for
releasing patches as I did last time.  Were any of you confused by this or
have problems?  It is confusing for me because I have to figure out which
files changed.  It took me almost an hour to prepare this patch.

For some less computer-skilled members the patch may be difficult.  I think
the Auto-Update-seperate-distribution will work best.

Darryl