[pythian] PROJECT - New Guys

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:45:18 -0400

Hi Dan and Adolfo,

Currently we're working on several different things at once.  We have a
short term goal of creating a "Test Level" that includes a small map and a
short mission.  The mission is to sneak into an enemy Fort and steal some
important documents from a safe.  You must evade and eliminate the enemy
guards to get to your goal, then back out again.  I will be posting the map
soon for everyone to work on.

Our longer term goal is to create a city.  The city includes a Tavern, an
Inn, a Cathedral and more.  Some of these buildings have been described in
detail and are waiting to be modelled.

If you go to our web site, log-in and enter the Tasks section you will see
the Inn, Tavern and Mayor's Palace tasks.  These tasks have a link to a
design document for each.  Many objects are required to populate these
buildings, such as tables, chairs, and lanterns.  Read the design documents
and try to think what objects you would like to work on.  The objects we
make for the city buildings will be used to fill up the enemy fort as well.

The other tasks are available as well as long as they haven't been assigned
to anyone.

Please let me know if you start working on something, or have any questions.

Thanks,

Darryl