[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Beta Released

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:40:53 -0400

I believe we discussed this a little bit a month or so ago and didn't come
up with anything.  I think that transforming each and every particle may
just be a fact of particle life.

The reason the engine slows down so much when you are close to the particles
is of course fill rate, and the only way to avoid that is to make the
particle smaller (which would look bad) or to draw less particles, which I
think might not be noticable when you are so close to the particle system.

We could have some kind of LOD fairly easily.

In answer to you earlier email, I can't say for sure since the particle
stuff was all done by Kamil, but I'm fairly sure everything is hard coded
right now, so grab our source and have a look.  I remember seeing hardcoded
templates.

Darryl