[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Beta Released

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:59:16 -0400

> I entered the map and got a sweet frame rate of 360FPS, I
> then went to the
> top floor of the fort (where I can see the skydome clearly)
> and my framerate
> dropped to 32.000FPS,

This makes little sense.  There are as many things visible when you are in
the tower as they are when you start the level.  Something is clearly wrong.

> no matter where on the map I go after
> this it is always 32.000FPS

The only thing I can think of is VSync Lock, in which your vidcard tries to
find the closest of 30 FPS and 60 FPS and lock to it, but then it doesn't
explain why you would have a higher frame rate before.  I am befuddled...
but I will check to see if the same thing happens to me.  If it does,
perhaps I can fix it.

> The only
> flaw I can see is the AI may have difficulty coping with the
> fort itself, no?

Right now, yes.  The AI doesn't have any pathfinding ability.  However, once
it does, the fort will be no problem.  Hopefully.

> Another point is the map practical for multiplayer
> games?  I know its
> still in its very early stages but I thought I'd point it out :D

No, it isn't.  It is much too small a level, but this isn't a multiplayer
game yet.  However, we can take the finished fort and place it in a larger
level.  For this I can see it becoming useful in a MP setting.

Darryl