[pythian] Re: CODE - Maps

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:57:49 +0200

> Is this because you are still manually linking sectors in the Editor?
>  You don't need to do this any more.  Just put two sectors side-by-side
> and leave a hole between them and the exporter will connect them
> automatically.  You only need to place portals yourself for things like
> mirrors and teleporters.

Yeah... I see it. In fact, I have already completed the mirror
implementation. There are a few problems if a mirror mirrors another
mirror... one in stencils and one in clippings. Ok, the mirror isn't based
on making to the same sector portal but by enabling the mirror property of a
solid.

It isn't such simple as I thought, so this has to have a lot of hardcoding.
Now the code is very messy with mirror rendering code within rendering
queues code. I am going to clean it up, move code to other (maybe new)
units. Also clipping needed few changes including special cloning
(duplicating) function for mirrors and some travelling reflection matrices
and such things. Also the solid contains some additional internal variables.
And this is the problem. Shall I make all the additional props meant for
mirrors add to a record and setup just a pointer to it. This would spare
some bytes and make the expandability easier. What do you think?
(although... clipping is not the case... just solids).

> Was that the problem?  If not, let me know so I can fix it.

E.g. if the floor is marked as a mirror (and also transparent - which is
needed) the autoportalizer freezes (and there are two sectors). What about
that? I will check in the code soon if am allowed to (?) and I would like to
ask you to look into the problem then.

-kk