[pythian] Re: CODE - Maps

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:50:57 -0700

>I have just started to prepare the engine for mirrors and other portal
>features but I have found a bug.
>
>First, each portal created in the editor creates two sector portals
>resulting in traversing all sectors 2^n where n is the traversation depth.
>This is bad, but I am not sure how to correct it without any hacks. Darryl?

Is this because you are still manually linking sectors in the Editor?
 You don't need to do this any more.  Just put two sectors side-by-side
and leave a hole between them and the exporter will connect them
automatically.  You only need to place portals yourself for things like
mirrors and teleporters.

Was that the problem?  If not, let me know so I can fix it.

Darryl