[pure-silver] portraits for a book

  • From: shannon stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:23:33 -0500

I am getting ready to make some portraits for a book.  I have only
made a few portraits before, so I am going to practise first, but
does anybody know of a good book about portrait lighting, etc?

Also:  I was planning to use Tri X and make silver prints, but then I
remembered that some magazine publishers prefer transparencies.  Is
this also true for book publishers?  Would there be any good reason
to shoot b and w transparency film instead of tri x?

Or, is there a better portraiture film?

--shannon