[pure-silver] Re: polaroid films

  • From: "Joseph O'Neil" <joneil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:33:32 -0400

At 11:22 AM 10/22/2004, you wrote:
>I want to make some photographs with my 4x5 camera and polaroid
>positive/negative film.  But I have heard that type 55 film can
>either make a good print, or a good negative, but not both. I wonder
>if that is true?

-snip-

         Yep - if you expose properly for the negative, your print comes
out crap.  If you expose properly for your print, negative is useless.

         Also - what they don't tell you is you have to soak the negative
in a solution of sodium sulfide (spelling?0 immediately afterwards,
otherwise your negative is not fixed.    If you are litterally shooting in
the field, unless you ahve  abucket mided up and ready to go, having the
negative is a waste of time.

         I am sorry I ever bought the stuff myself.  The plain old Polariod
film that givesyou striaght prints is, IMO, nice stuff.  Not as good as a
well processed print for certian, but if you need a print right away in the
field - for example, you are shotting a person's home, and you want to give
them somethng on the spot to show what the final print can look like, the
regular Polarid 4x5 print film is just fine,.

         but the dual stuff, is complete crap, IMO.
joe