[pure-silver] polaroid films

  • From: shannon stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:22:02 -0500

I want to make some photographs with my 4x5 camera and polaroid
positive/negative film.  But I have heard that type 55 film can
either make a good print, or a good negative, but not both. I wonder
if that is true?  Recently I looked at Vaughn Sills's work called One
Family, where she used type 665 film.  This is a smaller negative,
and it requires a special back for the view camera.  Is there really
any difference between type 665 and type 55?  Is 665 better, so that
buying the back would be worth it?

--shannon