[pure-silver] Print size advice.

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:49:46 +0800

Dear Friends,
     I am contemplating the easel again. It happens as you get older....

    I have been reading about historic print sizes and among the more exotic "
Boudoir " and " Victoria " ones is the good old prosaic Whole Plate. But my
sources list Whole Plate as either:

1.     6" x 8"

2.     6.5" x 8.5"

3.     6.75" x 8.75"

    And then they chop it into Half Plate, Quarter Plate, etc in various ways.

    Can anyone state authoritatively what the size of the the real Whole Plate
is? Thanks in advance - I'm planning the 2005 calendar.

     Uncle Dick