[pure-silver] Re: messed-up threads on tripod head

  • From: John Bower <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:20:02 -0400

Since there already some threads there (damaged ones) you should be able to
start the tap, then use an adjustable wrench to screw it into the hole with the
damaged threads, cleaning up the threads in the process. If you were cutting
new threads into a fresh hole, you'd probably want to use a special tap holder
to insure that the threads are even.

--
John Bower, an Indiana Artisan
http://www.studioindiana.com/