[pure-silver] messed-up threads on tripod head

  • From: shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:43:53 -0500

I have an old tripod head that I bought used: it's a Gitzo and it probably
dates to the 80s or something. I have used it for 15 years. One day about a
month ago the tripod fell over, and the screw in it got sort of knocked to one
side. As a result I can't get the screw in and out very easily. The screw
itself seems to be fine, but the threads on the inside of the hole seem to be a
little battered. Is this something a machine shop can fix, or is this tripod
head not salvageable?

unsubscribe from there.