[pure-silver] Re: learning to hand color photographs

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:03:00 +0100

Dear Eric,

At 00:01 04.12.2007, you wrote:
Snoopy, The reason I ask,

HEy, no reason to justify your insatiable curiosity :-)

is that with the Kodak Dry Dye set that I have
they also included a remover. It really required a very little at a time to
work well. I like the Marshall's oils and pencils. I used David Lewis paper
with pencils quite nicely.

In the past I have "lightened" the dyes by using an eraser to rub off the emlusion a little bit. Then you can put more gelatin back on. It is bl??dy tedious though.

I susally experiment with prints that are not final and then onbly do the real print later.

I should think that pencils (like oils) need the matte paper for good results?

Love,
Snoopy

Eric Neilsen Photo
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9