[pure-silver] Re: disposing of developer and fixer in rural areas

  • From: Gerald Koch <gerald.koch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:44:49 -0700 (PDT)

Don't worry about the silver.  The chemical environment of a septic tank is a
VERY strong reducing one.  There is lots of sulfide ion present and any silver
ion is rapidly converted to silver sulfide.which is very insoluble in water.
In fact the Ksp is 6 x 10-51 making it one of the most insoluble metal
sulfides.  Silver will not get into the environment.

Jerry.