[pure-silver] Re: disposing of developer and fixer in rural areas

  • From: Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas <octabod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:20:30 +0200

On 10/10/2012, at 21:09, shannon Stoney wrote:

> So, where do you get these trickle tanks to recover the silver?

they used to be common equipment in any lab which did anything with x-ray,
photography, etc. specially back in the 80's

Probably you can get one for free or cheap if you call your local dentists,
labs, etc. If that doesn't work there are a bunch of them in ebay or googling
by silver recovery trickle tank

> And, just pour the developer into a bucket, say, somewhere out of the rain?
> Like under a porch or shed?

The idea is doing it as if you were getting salt from saltwater, so out in the
rain won't work ;)

I feel better, to hell with photography, art, women, and all
E. Weston, 1924