[pure-silver] Re: Weird Film Issue

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 09:14:20 -0600

On 5/7/2012 7:07 AM, Adrienne Moumin wrote:
Just finished a marathon week or so processing 30+ rolls of 120 film, by hand in 2- and 3-roll Jobo tanks.

Experienced a weird phenomenon, not sure what or why:

Taking the dried film down, I noticed in random areas a slight "film," and some beads of dried chemistry (?), on the non-emulsion side, as though from too-little diluted Photo-Flo (even though I use just a tiny amount).

I would can the Photo-Flo and get some Edwal LFN. After the final wash a 2 minute soak in a tank of distilled water with a couple of drops of the LFN and a final see-saw of the roll through it before hanging will take care of it. We have hard water too.
Chauncey