[pure-silver] Re: Weird Film Issue

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 06:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

After years of running film between my finger, (I'd bet there has been miles of
film!) I stopped squeegeeing film altogether as I would occasionally get a
drying mark visible mostly when printed.
I hang the film in the dryer and let it sit for 5 mins or so before turning on
the dryer.  This, I theorize, allows things to drain off including dust and
lets the solutions find their own level, as it were.  AFAIK this has worked out
well as I didn't print everything I processed,  as not everyone ordered prints.
As mentioned your situation may indeed be a water issue even if filtered, and
if on the base side, may be easily removed with rubbing with a gloved hand. If
not then a re-wash may be the answer.  If you can limit the re-wash to the
strips that have the issue, it may make your life a little easier.