[pure-silver] Re: Weird Film Issue

Adrienne,
It's almost undoubtedly hard water; and not using foto-flo type products
will only exacerbate the problem. I do a final rinse in distilled water
with a couple of drops in a liter. Rinse and agitate for a couple of
minutes. I use 8x10 film and never wipe. But for years now I've never had a
single streak or spot on my films. And I have occasionally used roll film
with the same process and similar results. This is a lesson I learned like
you have. If your water is exceptionally hard (and you can have it tested),
I've on occasion used one of the on-faucet filters (like Brita) for the
last few minutes of washing; then treat as above.
I've found that hard water stains are really hard to get off the film.
Bob Younger