[pure-silver] Re: Vinegar on the table - RE: Re: Using diluted vinegar as stop bath

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:44:05 -0500

Hello all,

So that's what what makes Americans and Canadians different..... Vinegar  ;)

And we have asked for vinegar and there will be none on the premises except the kind they use for salads. Would you be able to buy white vinegar in a supermarket if you wanted to use it for your stop bath? I'll check the supermarket in Vegas this spring when I load up on provisions for my trip to Death Valley.

Cheers,
Bogdan

On 26/02/2011 3:20 PM, Eric Neilsen wrote:

Very much a cultural issue. You might see it in a Fish and Chips place, but outside of that?? Salt, pepper and sugar. Then the sugar substitute so those looking to save a few calories. Some regional changes and of course in restaurants that are of ethnic flavor, Chinese, Thai, Italian you'll see the goods associated with those foods. As a matter of course though, I don't think you'll see vinegar and very many tables unless it's some bad red stuff for salad dressing. Better places of course will have balsamic .

Have you tried asking for it?

Eric Neilsen

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226