[pure-silver] Re: Using diluted vinegar as stop bath

  • From: Gerald Koch <gerald.koch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:18:30 -0800 (PST)

To use as a stop bath it must be white or distilled vinegar.  The brown form
may
stain.  Check the label as it can be any percentage from 4% to 5%  depending on
the brand.  Kodak SB-1 for papers is 2% acetic acid, for films the percentage
can be 1%.  So if you have the 4% version dilute it with an equal amount of
water for 2%.

Jerry