[pure-silver] Re: Using diluted vinegar as stop bath

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:29:42 -0600

The more dilute, the less fast it will and potentially less effective it
will be it bringing the pH down from above 7 (basic) to below 7. It would be
better to error on the side of too dilute since you can effectively stop a
developer with adequate water.

Advantage to NOT using an indicator is that there is no indicator to carrier
over into your print. I have seen hypo clearing agent turn purple from
residual indicator in the paper. Proof was stop using indicator and the hypo
clean never got a purple color. Indicator goes from yellow to purple. The
citric acid stop is also effective but thanks to ADM and other users of
citric acid, the price goes up with food  prices.

Eric Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226