[pure-silver] Using diluted vinegar as stop bath

  • From: Bogdan <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:56:37 -0500

Hello all,

this was discussed a few years back, but do not remember the details. I have 3 gallons of kitchen vinegar and I remember it was mentioned that a dilution of vinegar could be used as a stop bath. Does anybody know what dilution of vinegar to water I should use? Are there any disadvantages to using diluted vinegar as opposed to the Indicator Stop made by the great yellow Father or Ilford's Stop bath? If I do use diluted vinegar, how can I tell when I should dump the bath?

Cheers,
Bogdan