[pure-silver] Re: Using diluted vinegar as stop bath

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 17:39:19 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bogdan" <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Gerald Koch" <gerald.koch@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:57 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Using diluted vinegar as stop bath

Hi,

I just checked the the ingredients label, and it is marked "5% acetic acid per volume" , so, for papers. I'll dilute 1:1.5 (water) .

Just out of curiosity, why is it impossible to get regular white vinegar in a restaurant in the US. In Canada, there is always vinegar on the table, along with salt and pepper. in Canada, we put vinegar on our french fries. We've eaten in places all over the US, and it is impossible to get vinegar to put on one's french fries. Is this a cultural thing, or is there a more specific reason that I am unaware of???? I've asked in restaurants in the US and they look at me like I came from another planet. Then, they ask me why I would want to put vinegar on my food. The only vinegar they would have would wine vinegar
for salads.

If anybody has a answer, I'd be very interested in hearing it. One of
those things, like 'What is the meaning of life"?  42!

Cheers,
Bogdan

Try "pubs", many serve "British" style foods including fish and chips and have brown vinegar on the table. I can suggest a couple of places in Santa Monica.

Los Angeles
WB6KBL