[pure-silver] Re: Strange Drymount Tissue Behavior

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:02:33 -0600

rusty57 wrote:

>1. Make sure your press is actually operating at the right temperature,
>don't just rely on the number your dial is set to. 5 minutes seems long
>to me - I press for 1-2 minutes
>2. cool the print/mat under pressure.
>
>Does anyone remember which  style of tissue adheres as it heats (is it
>MT5?), and which (Colormount?)adheres as it cools? I think I read about
>it in Ansel Adams' " The Print"...

I normally press for 2 minutes.  In any case 8x10 tissue worked fine,
and a minute or two latter the 11x14 was much more reluctant. I doubt
that the temp changed much over that time. In any case the temperture
indicator didn't show any movement. It's my understanding that the
tissue used bonds as it heats, which is what I prefer.

-Peter